Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's gonna be a long week

I'm not off till Sunday.
It seems my schedule was crafted with the specific intention of *&#^%@# me in the !#@!
Oh well. Things have been going well. Chef is a tough man to work for. You might think I'm going to qualify that with some sort of honorific positive, like those guys that are "tough but fair" or any number of combinations that end with me saying that he's basically good guy. I'm not gonna do that.
I'll say that I still have a lot to learn about that place and the food. I'm stilled pumped about the work and I'll reserve judgment on Chef.
Yesterday was supposed to be my first day on the garde station by myself. Turns out some of the prep staff was out sick so my trainer was called in. It would have been ok I think because the place was kind of dead.
I felt way less useless yesterday, hands are a bit less shaky. My first ticket of the night was all three of the plates I hadn't done, so way to get that out of the way. The tomato salad plate is a beast, but I'm getting faster with it. Now I have to get the prep list down so I can stop spending so much extra time in there.
One of my burns is getting all blistery and peely, it's kinda cool looking.

No comments: