Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nothing like a little hard work

There is nothing in the whole world like a little hard work to help clear your mind. You start plugging away at your task and before you know it, you're in a zone if not the zone. All of your troubles, worries and concerns fade to gray for a time and if you're lucky - when you emerge weary and sore, perhaps you're also a bit wiser and more certain.
I looked forward to my time here in cali, where fruit actually grows on trees instead of a supermarket stand, as a span of time where I could make some decisions and chart out the changes I've chosen, somewhat haphazardly to enact. The list of things I need to decide is long and the stakes are high. Everything is on the line.
Signs are dire, unemployment is way up, call for things for which I have skills such as cooking and writing are down, but somehow - I'm not yet panicked. I'll take it one day at a time, one step. One roll of fiberglass insulation or one sheet of obscenely heavy drywall. One semi-annoying, semi-sweet customer at a time and pray that when I emerge, everything will be alright.

No comments: