Saturday, April 25, 2009

And a lot of work done today



Well, not all today - but a lot actually. It was a productive day after a non-productive week.

Funny conversation from this evening

Called Uncle Rocco's Pizza in Santa Barbara and sat on hold, decided to stay on hold but walk over there.

When we arrive, the place was not really that busy. At the counter my friend says "We called over to place an order. I was on hold for a long enough to walk here, but then you guys hung up on me."

Unapologetically the counterman replies "Hey, we were busy and some times the phone..." he waved his hand over the phone with disinterest.

I, trying to inject some humor and solicit perhaps a bit of contrition sniped at my friend "So - basically, F you!"

And the counter guy says "Yeah basically. Are you gonna order or not?"

Not.

The moral of the story is - if you are ever in Santa Barbara, you want pizza, and you even the most cursorily consider yourself my friend, DO NOT EAT AT ROCCO'S. Take that chump!

No comments: