Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And it smells like fart...

How many places have you been that you just didn't want to be? I've been a few recently and the reasons for my discomfort are many and varied.

Today, the place I was that I didn't want to be was just a room in a house. A room, like a lot of other rooms. It was designed as a haven from construction dust and commotion; a place to sit and relax, make plans and stage.

That was all well and good until one of the workers had a burrito for lunch. I doubt that it's a poor reflection on the owners of the little taco stand that made the burrito as much as on the poor operation of the digestive system of the consumer, but what happened in those miles of intestine should be against some law, and might be given the ecological repercussions of the greenhouse gasses on the ozone.

On entering the room, there was a gust or rarefied air, only this air was more rare than most. Over the hours past lunch, this guy steadily, one gust after another, filled that room with some of the most raunchy air I've ever been disadvantaged to inhale. I mean, truly unbreathably trenchant, noxious fumes. So a room, one that I hadn't truly been comfortable in initially, seemed much smaller and much less comfortable and also, it smelled like fart.

No comments: