Friday, May 15, 2009

ouch

How many times have I seen a heart ripped out in a movie, or a game? I guess - an oddly inflated amount of times now that I think on it. The soon to be heartless stands hapless, chest invaded to the wrist by a powerful arm, a surprised look etched on thier face as they look from thier attacker to the now sucking chest wound, perhaps pausing to contemplate thier still beating heart.
I always wondered why no one fights back, save Indiana Jones.
I think I know now. How could they possibly have seen that coming until it was too late; until they find thier blood made immobile by the lack of a pump and the light fading in thier own eyes. That last lingering look. How? How could you, no matter how bitter of ememies we've been, have done this... then they fall, heartless, lifeless.

No comments: